Veteran Services

Home Instead Senior Care of Northern Milwaukee is dedicated to helping US Veterans and their surviving spouses receive the quality care they need and deserve. The Veterans Administration offers financial programs that pay cash to veterans and/or their spouses. These funds may be used to help pay for home care for veterans.

It’s often a confusing and burdensome process to figure out if your insurance or the Veterans Administration will cover the home care services you need. We’re here to help. We are proud to say that we have helped many veterans receive the care they deserve. We work hand-in-hand with the Veterans Administration and can help you find out if you qualify for any VA programs.

Find out if you are eligible for the Veterans Pension Benefit and the Aid & Attendance Allowance by contacting Milwaukee County Veteran Services at (414) 266-1234, fax (414) 266-1233, or contact Director Rick Flowers, via

Who Qualifies?

Veterans qualify for this tax-free pension Veterans Administration program under the following criteria:

  • If younger than 65, the veteran must be totally disabled
  • If age 65 and older, there is no requirement for disability
  • Must have served 90 days active duty with one day during a war period*Single surviving spouses
  • Honorable discharge
  • Met government set financial qualifications
  • Documented need for health care services

What Home Health Care Benefits Could You Be Eligible for?

Our services are offered on an hourly basis and include:

  • Personal care (bathing, dressing, etc.)
  • Light housekeeping
  • Food preparation
  • Medication reminders
  • Home health aides

Call us at (414) 259-9820 to learn more about how our Veteran Care Services can help you or one of your family members live a robust life while providing the specialized care they need.

Contact Us Today!

Call (414) 259-9820
or complete the form below