As family members age, they may need help managing chronic health conditions. Arthritis can make it hard to button clothes. Forgetfulness may cause your loved one to miss a medication like insulin for diabetes. Weight issues can cause safety concerns from common activities like getting in and out of the bathtub.
In the Northern Milwaukee area, thousands of seniors live with a chronic health condition. For many of these conditions — like diabetes and heart disease — diet and exercise represent important therapies. And while you probably would love to devote time to cooking nutritious meals and going on walks with your elder family members, real life doesn’t always allow for that.
Home Instead Senior Care® of Northern Milwaukee offers individualized, dependable in-home care for your family members who need a helping hand to get through the day safely and comfortably. Our CAREGiversSM dote on your loved one just as you would, yourself. They provide delicious meals and encourage physical movement to help your aging family members maintain their independence while living with a chronic health condition.
Types of Chronic Condition Care
We provide affordable in-home support for a variety of chronic medical conditions, including:
- Weight-related issues
- Heart disease
Senior Care for Individuals with Arthritis
We understand the vexing challenges people with arthritis face in everyday life. Our specially trained CAREGivers℠ help minimize arthritis-related frustrations with:
- Mobility assistance
- Help with bathing, grooming and dressing
- Assistance holding and manipulating eating utensils
- Opening jars, cans and containers
- Lifting and carrying boxes and other objects
- Bending and reaching for items in low or high areas
- Washing, drying, folding and putting away laundry
- Medication monitoring and reminders
- Transportation to and from appointments
- Help getting in and out of bed or recliners
- Application of non-prescription pain patches and heating pads
- Help with gardening and other recreational activities
Senior Care for Individuals with Diabetes
Our at-home care for diabetes may include:
- Help planning diabetes-friendly meals
- Recognition of blood sugar emergencies
- Social stimulation and companionship to maintain a healthy mood
- Oral diabetes medication reminders
- Prepare supplies and record blood glucose readings
- Validate accurate insulin measurement and self-administration on schedule
Call us at (414) 259-9820 to learn more about how our CAREGiversSM can help your family members live a robust life in the face of chronic conditions.